Maintaining financial records and accounting data are never
Data Synchronisation refers to a process wherein data is replicated between two or more locations. It enables the branch offices to send data to the head office and vice versa over the Internet or a private network. Data Synchronisation is a two-way process; i.e., all the data pertaining to masters and transactions from the Client company (Branch) is transferred to the Server (Head Office) and similarly data from the Server can be transferred to the Client. The system which initiates Synchronisation is termed as the Client and the system with which the synchronisation is performed is the termed as Server. Both Tally.ERP 9 Silver (Single User) and Gold (Multi User) can be configured either as Client or as Server for the purpose of synchronization.
Data Synchronisation in Tally.ERP 9
Data Synchronisation can be done using either one of the following available features:
Tally.NET: A trusted framework developed by Tally, used for transferring Data over the Internet. To use this service, you require a valid Tally.NET subscription at the client and server. It is essential that the Tally.ERP 9 Server Company needs to be connected to Tally.NET server at the time of Synchronisation.
Direct Synchronisation: Synchronise data among various branch offices using your own private network over Internet or Virtual Private Network (VPN.To use this feature you do not have to pay any additional charges. This feature is also referred as IP Synchronisation.
Advantages of Synchronisation
- Easy to configure and implement.
- Synchronise data with a Single-Click.
- Simultaneous updation / replication of data at Server and Client.
- Does not require dedicated high-end infrastructure or trained personnel.
- Adaptable to an occasionally connected environment.
- Available with choice of connectivity
- Real time data updation across geographies using Tally.NET – A trusted framework.